We provide One Time Use licensing. Our standard One Time Use license permits you to use the purchased media in one design through the terms described below.
All rates are calculated as “per image” unless otherwise noted. Credit must be given each time an image is published, broadcast, or otherwise displayed. Credit should be given as follows “Photo Courtesy of Snoqualmie Valley Historical Museum”. If credit is given separate from the image, as in a telecast or book appendix, image must be identified by page number, object id number, or image title as appropriate. No image obtained from the Snoqualmie Valley Historical Museum shall be altered in any way except for proportional cropping for publication without permission in advance from the Board of Trustees of the museum. There is a dual fee structure. Reproduction Fees for the physical image and Licensing Fees for the ability to publicly use the image.
Permission is extended of one time use only; subsequent reprinting must renew Licensing permission from the Museum and an additional Use Fee may apply.
One copy of all publications, including periodicals, films, and videotapes, shall be given to Snoqualmie Valley Historical Museum at no cost for inclusion in the collection.
Our One Time Use License
Subject to the restrictions described under Prohibited Uses below, the following are ‘Permitted Uses’ of media purchased from us:
- invitations, advertising and promotional projects, including printed materials, product packaging, presentations, film and video presentations, commercials, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards (ie. not for resale or license)
- social media post or profile image;
- decorative background on a personal computer or mobile device;
- online or electronic publications, including web pages, blogs, ebooks and videos, limited to a maximum of 480,000 total pixels (for example: 600px x 800px) per media file where un-edited.
Unless otherwise declared, all media available on this site is licensed under the One Time Use license, including our Editorial media.
Our One Time Use licenses permit you to use the purchased media in one project only. For use in multiple projects, additional licenses may be required. An exception to this rule is if an image is used in an editorial capacity with a duplicate article both in print and online; one license permits you to use the same image in both mediums.
- install and use the image in more than one location or post a copy of the image on a network server or web server for use by other users;
- sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the image or the rights granted under these terms;
- use any of the image as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
- Image identified as “Editorial Use Only”, for any commercial, promotional, endorsement, advertising or merchandising use. For clarification, in this Agreement “Editorial Use Only” of image means use relating to events that are newsworthy or of general interest and expressly excludes any advertorial sections (i.e. sections or supplements featuring brand and/or product names or sections or supplements in relation to which you receive a fee from a third-party advertiser or sponsor);
- remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the image
- use the image in a fashion that is considered by us or under applicable law to be pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libelous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the image into disrepute;
- use the image in a way that places any person depicted in the image in a bad light or in a way that they may find offensive or their descendants– this includes, but is not limited to, the use of images: a) in pornography, “adult videos” or the like; b) in ads or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; and c) uses that are defamatory, or contain otherwise unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use images containing the likeness of a person if such use implies that the model engages in any immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition;
- use image in a manner that competes with our business including, but not limited to, displaying image in any format (including thumbnails) for download or Export on a website or offering image for sale;
- use the image for editorial purposes without including the following credit adjacent to the image or in audio/visual production credits: ‘©Snoqualmie Valley Museum’;
- incorporate the image in any product that results in a re-distribution or re-use of the image or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the image as an electronic file;
- to the extent that source code is contained within the image, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of such source code;
- Display the image in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded, Exported or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement; or
- use or display image in such a manner that gives the impression that the image was created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of the image .
Please note that by purchasing a license to use the media on this site from us, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright exists, and you are purchasing a license to use the media as per the terms set out in this agreement.
For any uses not listed here, or for questions regarding our licensing please contact us.